Apache Flex 4.10 Released!
The Apache Flex project, the all-volunteer group of developers, and stakeholders in the development framework, today announced the release of Apache Flex 4.10.0. This release makes some important improvements over previous versions of Apache Flex and Adobe Flex.
"We are seeing interest in the Flex development framework increase rapidly. There have been more than a half a million page views in the past 6 months, more than 9000 downloads of the Flex SDK in the past 3 months, and around 130,000 unique visitors to the flex.apache.org website. Since the initial release of Apache Flex at the end of 2012, the interest in the project has grown steadily,” said OmPrakash Muppirala, committer and member of the Apache Flex PMC.
Apache Flex 4.10.0 highlights include:
- Support for latest versions of Flash Player and AIR runtimes. At the same time, we have made it easier for developers wanting to take advantage of the latest advances in the Flash runtimes by letting them choose the versions during installation.
- Improved support for older Flash Player versions. Enterprise environments have more stringent requirement in terms of upgrading Flash Player versions.
- The new spark components ensure that SDK users can build functionalities quickly and in a more performant way. The need for handling these components in two different architecture styles (mx vs. spark) will be eliminated.
- “Out of the box” support for Advanced Telemetry allowing developers to easily profile their application and improve performance using Adobe Scout.
- Better localization for multiple languages. Flex 4.10.0 is better now when trying to make application for multiple countries and languages.
- Better international support for dates in formatters, validators, and the DateField and DateChooser components.
- Better for developer productivity - less Run Time Errors (RTEs) and workarounds required in 4.10.0
- 480 dpi mobile resolution/skin support means that Flex SDK users can now target high
[ More info ]