To get an idea of what is possible with this new version, I really recommend you to take a look at this amazing demo made by Jason Huang! He was helping us during the whole testing procees! It’s a quite very GPU intensive, so try it with a nice GPU.
[ Ancient China ]
- W,A,S,D - movement
- Drag the mouse to rotate.
- CPU: Intel E4500 or equivalent
- GPU: Geforce 9600 or equivalent
- Fullscreen god ray effect
- Cascaded shadow mapping (3 cascades)
- Global illumination
- Vertex vegetation Animations
- Dynamic reflection, refraction distorting
- Bloom post processing
- Practical skin Animations
- Screen space globe fogging
- Hemisphere ambient lightning
- API: Flare3D 2.5
- Shader tool: FLSL (Flare3D Shading Language)
In the first begining, I did not expect Adobe Stage3D could achieve this, especially having a lot of shader structures. Entire file size of this demo is 3.5MB.
New Minko ShaderLab preview.
The ShaderLab is a web application providing a visual programming environment to create, test and share hardware accelerated rendering effects or “shaders”. It benefits from Minko’s optimized JIT compiler to create high speed and lightweight shaders.
Other ShaderLab features:
Augmented Reality with Flash Player 11 and Beyond Reality Face.