Stage3D developer tips #5:
Las Viditas (The Little Lifes) is an exploration project which compares ActionScript 3.0 programming concepts and structure to the 7 criteria for biological life.
To get an idea of what is possible with this new version, I really recommend you to take a look at this amazing demo made by Jason Huang! He was helping us during the whole testing procees! It’s a quite very GPU intensive, so try it with a nice GPU.
[ Ancient China ]
- W,A,S,D - movement
- Drag the mouse to rotate.
- CPU: Intel E4500 or equivalent
- GPU: Geforce 9600 or equivalent
- Fullscreen god ray effect
- Cascaded shadow mapping (3 cascades)
- Global illumination
- Vertex vegetation Animations
- Dynamic reflection, refraction distorting
- Bloom post processing
- Practical skin Animations
- Screen space globe fogging
- Hemisphere ambient lightning
- API: Flare3D 2.5
- Shader tool: FLSL (Flare3D Shading Language)
In the first begining, I did not expect Adobe Stage3D could achieve this, especially having a lot of shader structures. Entire file size of this demo is 3.5MB.