While researching technologies for a new Flash multiplayer gaming project, I came across Node.js as a backend techology. I’ve heard of it for a while, but have not yet used it. Its nice.
A basic live chat combining both extensions.
If you’re using Scout (advanced telemetry is activated), the problem with video (en-/decoding) can be observed very good. So you are warned. These extensions have to be used with care. So far I haven’t written an article about the chat.
- There may occur some issues establishing a connection (especially if reconnecting). Sorry for that, but that’s not what I’m into right now
- The filters aren’t completely finished, yet, but that should happen soon. Just so you know, there will be some changes.
- You can change the filter properties with your mouse, by clicking on the WebcamVideo instance at the top on the right. Pressing CTRL and/or Shift will take effect on different values, depending on the applied filter.
[ Blog post source ]
The goal of this manual is to provide an extensive introduction to theStarling Framework. Starling is a cross-platform engine for ActionScript 3 that can be used for all kinds of applications, with a special focus on 2D games.
Using Adobe AIR I tried to make a sample application that can save video file to capture the image from Web camera.
The encoding and storage of video captured from the camera, without using any server such as FMS, and I tried to be able to save as (.FLV) file by encoding videos in only feature of this app.
August 16, 2013:
Flash Player and AIR “Irving” and “Jones”
Adobe is planning its next two releases for late 2013 and early 2014. These releases continue to focus on premium video, gaming, security, and stability.
Some of the features being worked on for these releases include the following:
- OSX Mavericks support for desktop Flash Player and AIR
- Significant reduction in iOS packaging times
- ActionScript concurrency for mobile (beta)
- iOS 7 support (depends upon Apple schedule)
- Support for Windows 8.1 PlayTo
- Support for Windows 8.1 tab suspension improvements
- Support for Windows Internet Explorer 11 back navigation caching
- XXHDPI icon support for AIR Android
- pkg installer bundle for Mac OSX (vs .dmg)